update wp_papers set View_Count = View_Count + 1 WHERE p_id=1987
- Are Nearly “Exogenous Instruments” Reliable?
- Daniel Berkowitz, Mehmet Caner*, Ying Fang
- #001987 20131014 (published) Views:1
- We show that when instruments are nearly exogenous, the two stage least squares t-statistic unpredictably over-rejects or under-rejects the null hypothesis that the endogenous regressor is insignificant and Anderson-Rubin test over-rejects the null. We prove that in the limit these tests are no longer nuisance parameter free.
- JEL-Codes: C30
- Keywords: Valid Instruments, Weak Identification, Inference.
Download full text Downloads:0